- When will Red Dragon book 3 (In Seaglass) be available? The first draft is complete, so the final release date depends on the editing process. I’m aiming for mid-2023 at this stage.
- What is your next project? I’ve been working on the Black Dragon trilogy, with book 1 (Don’t Look Back) coming out in January 2023, and book 2 going to the editor for release hopefully in Jan 2024. Along with that, I’m writing a more traditional fantasy novel set in a steampunk alternate-history Europe, and a I’m working on writing the next season of the Neophile podacast with Draconum Audio.
- Can I suggest a character name / plot point / other piece of lore to include in your books? Absolutely – come and support me on Patreon, and let me know what you have in mind. If I can, I’ll put it into the story. 🙂
- Does my favourite character have their own book coming out? Probably. I have plans already for Azarol and Vivian, and for Taran, and for Jay and Alan. Even Robin’s grandmother, Mirna, has a story of her own, although it’s likely not a whole novel – there will be a collection of Shadows-verse short stories coming at some point.
- Are you going to turn all your villains into protagonists?? No, not all of them. But almost all of my villains don’t think of themselves as villains – in their minds, they are already the protagonists. So it’s all a matter of perspective.
Contact: You can email me, or follow me on Twitter (@DanielleJLinder), Facebook, Instagram, Bookbub, or TikTok (for snippets of audiobook recordings) – or come and support me on Patreon. You can also sign up for my updates mailing list, below.
If you’d like to speak to me in person or invite me to attend an in-person or live online event, or send me physical mail, please contact me via email as a first pass.